28 Jun 2019
DA-Group acquires Creowave Filters
DA-Group, the Finnish technology corporation, purchases 100% of Creowave Filters Oy shares. The acquisition will strengthen the expertise and offering of high performance RF filters used in telecommunication base station industry. Together DA-Group and Creowave Filters aim to expand into international markets, as the demand for special filtering solutions in the operator field is increasing. Creowave Filters will continue to operate as the subsidiary with its own brand. The management and staff will also continue in their present roles.
DA-Group provides advanced embedded electronics as well as RF and microwave solutions for industry, defence and space sectors. Creowave Filters Oy is the leading company designing and manufacturing custom designed radio frequency filters for special applications in mobile network industry. In the past years, the companies have collaborated and DA-Group manufactures electronic components for Creowave.
- Creowave Filters has globally won significant customer relationships in commercial, security and defence sectors since it was founded in 2005. The company’s expertise and high-end products bring synergies to the group, and together we can faster capture growth opportunities in wireless telecom business and in defence sector, both domestically and internationally, says Sami Kotiniemi, CEO of DA-Group.
- As part of the transaction, DA-Group will establish its offices in Oulu, which is a strategically important northern center in wireless mobile technology development, Kotiniemi continues.
DA-Group had recognized the benefits of the buyout and initiated the negotiations with the owners. The sellers are Creowave Oy, the parent company of Creowave Filters, and Esa Turunen, CEO of Creowave Filters. Jyrki Koski, CEO of Creowave and the Chairman of the Board of Creowave Filters, foresees that the merger creates strong growth possibilities for Creowave Filters. DA-Group’s long-term experience and established position in defence industry enables Creowave Filters to benefit from DA-Group’s network in their offering for defence industry and high security customer base.
- We were very excited to hear about DA-Group’s interest in Creowave Filters. This deal will form a clear continuation to the great success we have seen in the Creowave Filters. RF filter business was divested from the parent company in 2013 into its own subsidiary. DA-Group as a new owner has clearly the synergies with Creowave Filters and will bring huge opportunities to the growth path. The new owner will strengthen Creowave Filters’ world-class capabilities to enter into defence and security industry. The company will benefit from the new owner’s long-term commitment to develop the business, says Jyrki Koski, CEO of Creowave Oy.- This transaction also enables the parent company, Creowave Oy, to accelerate its growth. According to its strategy, Creowave continues to expand in the international oil and gas sector, Koski continues.
- In the filter business, the amount of radio frequency bands, telecom data as well as parallel systems are ever increasing, and therefore, operators’ requirements for mobile network acceptance testing is becoming more complex, explains Esa Turunen, CEO, Creowave Filters.
- The market trends are showing growth, and I am excited and committed to continue the business development in a long run together with DA-Group, Turunen continues.
Photo: RF filter products by Creowave Filters
DA-Group, Sami Kotiniemi, CEO
Tel. +358 29 0800 922, email@example.com
Creowave Oy, Jyrki Koski, CEO
Tel. +358 40 868 6301, firstname.lastname@example.org
Creowave Filters Oy, Esa Turunen, CEO
Tel. +358 40 868 6308, email@example.com
DA-Group is a provider of advanced electronics and high technology solutions and products. We serve industrial, defence and space sector customers on a global scale. We are experts in embedded software solutions, FPGA designs, electronics, mechanics, simulations as well as RF, microwave and millimeter wave engineering. Our service portfolio covers the turnkey solutions: from R&T, product development and engineering, testing and validation, manufacturing to product lifecycle management. Established in 1995, the consolidated corporation employs over 100 professionals. The headquarters are located in Forssa with offices in Helsinki, Tampere and Turku.
Creowave Oy is a provider of monitoring and metering solutions for international Oil & Gas sectors. Company is focused on Systems as Service, in which company delivers equipment, installation, commissioning and maintenance of the metering solution and is committed on delivering the monitoring results 24/7/365 for the customers operational personnel. With the help of the information provided by the system, customers are able to focus their efforts on important matters, thus improving their operational excellence. Preventive maintenance and planned interventions to the process are the key benefits from such a system. Remote monitoring and active use of collected data substantially increase the production rate of the fields, with less operational expenses for the customer. Established in 2004, the corporation employs 15 people. Headquarters are located in Oulu, Finland, and a sales office in Doha, Qatar.
Creowave Filters Oy designs and manufactures demanding RF filters for the telecommunication industry. Customers are mainly infrastructure providers for the operators of the mobile networks. Products are used in the verification and qualification measurements. The company operates internationally. Creowave Filters was established in 2013 and employs 9 persons at the offices in Oulu.